First of all, MERRY CHRISTMAS I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas day. I for one had a lovely Christmas. My favourite part about the Christmas holiday is spending time with my family and friends. Most of my family was home for the holiday so it was so nice to see my cousins, aunts, uncles and all my friends who came home for the Christmas break! I have basically had a week long celebration with friends and family… and my body is currently feeling the exhaustion.
I thought I would share some of my favourite things about the Christmas holiday with you, my list of favourite Christmas traditions and favourite things to wear.
Here is the list of my favourite Christmas traditions:
- Decorating the Christmas Tree: This has always be a favourite of mine, this year it happened in two steps. Dad and I put up with the tree with lights, and then when my brothers came home from school we decorated the tree.
- Watching Christmas Movies: The Holiday and Love Actually in particular are my favourite to watch around Christmas time.
- Building a Ginger Bread House: Another Christmas classic, this time I helped my parents friends’ children, and it was even more fun to see how an eight and nine year old wanted to build their houses.
- Family Christmas Parties: My family is always very social around the holidays, on December 21st we kick off the celebrations!
- Ladies Lunch: All the women on my dad’s side of the family have lunch together (this year we did dinner).
- Christmas Day: Christmas Brunch, Christmas Dinner and a movie night with my immediate family are always on the list of activities.
One of my favourite details about the holidays is dressing up. I mean I always love wearing dresses, but Christmas time I tend to bring my out my sparkly items, red lips, bows and that extra bit of glitter. For Christmas this year I wore a burgundy velvet dress from Old Navy (a Christmas gift from Santa).
Well these are a few of my favourite things to do and wear around the Christmas Holiday! I love the festivities and I already can’t wait until next year. It is hard to believe that Christmas is actually over, but New Years is just around the corner, so a reminder to myself, the holidays are not over yet!!!!