Well, this past year was definitely one for the books. I travelled to six countries, saw my three favourite bands in concert, lived in London and Glasgow, worked for two world renowned museums, wrote a Masters thesis, graduated from my Masters, and ended the year by signing a contract for my first full-time job! I can honestly say 2018 has been the best year of my life so far (and I’m sure things will continue to be just as great). I was so lucky to have so many incredible opportunities this year which helped me grow as a person!
My Personal Goals for 2019
Every year I try to make some sort of a New Years Resolution, but I don’t always end up sticking to them. The best one I ever stuck to was when I was nine and decided I was going to wear mix matched socks for the rest of the year…. I continued this trend for at least the next eight years or so… and I still can often be found wearing mix matched socks. This year I aiming for a few resolutions to work on:
- Improve my cooking skills. I want to start reading more cook books and trying out their recipes, in particular a few of my Swedish cook books!! Also both of my grandmothers and my mom are all fantastic cooks… so I should really look to them too!
- Work on my fitness. Committing to a regular fitness routine of yoga and running. Now that I am starting a full time job it will be easier to create a schedule, I am going to try going to Yoga twice a week on my lunch break! I also will re-start to consistently use my Fitbit.
- Read. This is always on my goals list… but this year I am going to try reading before bed instead of watching Netflix. Instead of just saying to read more I want to commit to putting it in my daily schedule by making time for it in the evenings.
- Keep my room clean. (My parents will approve of this one) I am terrible for being indecisive on what I am going to wear so I always end up trying on various articles of clothing and then leave them in a pile on my chair before I go to work or go out… and then that pile always tends to grow over the week… SO I am going to try and fix that bad habit.
- Keep in touch with friends. I am so lucky to have so many friends all over the world and I want to make sure I keep in better contact with people, and regularly messaging people to see how they are. With social media now a days I feel like I know what my friends are up to, but I want to make a point of Face-Timing and just texting my friends who are away more often!
What will be on the blog in 2019
Since I will not be travelling as much as I did in 2018 I’ve had to do some brainstorming about what I am going to continue posting about.
- Fingers crossed a little bit of Canadian Travelling, hopefully a trip to Toronto and Montreal🤞🏻
- A history post once a month 🤓
- More fashion related posts💃
- A “What I am Reading” post once a month 📚
- More Food Posts, maybe even a few of my own recipes 🍽
Cheers to you 2018 you were really a phenomenal year. However, I can’t wait to see what 2019 will bring! I hope everybody has a Happy New Year’s Eve ✨
Shop My Outfit